Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A New Large Painting

A New Large Painting:
Something visual. I'd realized I was getting pretty boring with all those non-visual posts. Ah, well, here's something I've been working on. It's only been NINE YEARS since I came up with the idea for it and sketched it in, over seven years ago, only to have the canvas gather dust. It's called THE RAINBOW DRAGON and it'll be a major sized work, about 30x40 inches and in oils.

These photos were taken by John A. Davis, over the weekend with his supercool camera. The painting is starting to look where it needs to be. These things always have a "crisis point" and I think I reached that and passed it. I also decided to put a small woman in the picture but, off to the right and not the "center" of attention.

Hopefully the painting will be my showpiece for Illuxcon down in PA this Fall. I'll post some better, closer photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment