Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thomas Tenery Interview

Thomas Tenery Interview:

Thomas Tenery

My job is full of attention deficit disorder. I need an artist for a book cover so I go to Spectrum, something else there catches my eye and I look up a website, something shiny distracts me into another.... Soon, I have no idea where I started and it’s difficult to remember what the initial project was. (Don’t tell my boss.)

Thomas TeneryAnd so, somehow, I ended up on Thomas Tenery’s site. Once there, I realized I had seen his work on various sites but hadn’t placed a name to it. His rich color and thick atmosphere creates truly unearthly environments that make me feel as though I am swimming through them. Everything seems to be alive and growing, even the ships and hardware.

I also saw that he, and a handful of other concept artists, have what looks like a really fun book, Alien Race, coming out this fall from Design Studio Press.

A perfect excuse to hassle him with a few questions and ask him to be in our gallery.

[Read the interview behind the fold...]

No comments:

Post a Comment